It is located at the eastern foot of the Eboshigata mountain, at the west side of the Kōya Kaido, after the East and West Kōya Kaido comes together. The long stairs to visit the shrine face the Kōya Kaido. In the year 12 of the Bunmei period (1480) Ishikawa Hachiro constructed this building. It was designated as a National Important Cultural Property in the year 25 of the Showa period (1950).
(quote from “KŌYA KAIDO” published by the Kawachinagano City Board of Education)